Welcome to the fresh GardenLife Blog — California’s top gardening radio show for 15 years, and now your top source for garden illumination coast to coast. Visit GardenLife.com for our Home Page

Friday, August 27, 2010

Birthday Wishes

This morning my daughter-in-law Stephanie surprised me with a beautiful breakfast of prosciutto-wrapped cantaloupe slices, a soft-boiled egg and asparagus sprinkled with parmesan cheese. And when my grandson, Kai, asked me how old I was today, I replied, "how old do you think?" He thought for a while and answered, "50?" He looked puzzled when I told him that he just gave me the best birthday present ever! 
With each passing year, I appreciate so much more the simple pleasures of life and think of wishes fulfilled:

1. Giggling and laughing with family while sharing a lovingly prepared meal
2. Celebrating a birthday with a child who believes you are younger than your actual years
3. Having a kind, inspirational and funny husband who doesn't allow his Parkinson's disease to interfere with what we both love to do together: spending time with family and dear friends; gardening; and traveling
4. Being able to play hide-and-seek and tickle contests with our grandchildren
5. Following my passion for plants by working at GardenLife with the most creative and dearest of friends
6. Wishing all of you the best that life has to offer

No comments:

Post a Comment