Welcome to the fresh GardenLife Blog — California’s top gardening radio show for 15 years, and now your top source for garden illumination coast to coast. Visit GardenLife.com for our Home Page

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Watermelon Vinegar for Shrubs

Since Myrtle von Damitz will be our interview guest on the GardenLife radio show tomorrow, I thought it would be fun to make her recipe for Watermelon Vinegar. I peeled and cubed a small, seedless watermelon and because of my diabetes instead of cane sugar, I added agave nectar (a bit less than the directions for cane sugar). After one day of storing in a covered glass container at room temperature, I put the mixture in glass jars and covered the melon with unprocessed, raw apple cider. It was so easy and beautiful to look at and after one week, it will be ready to make the shrub (drink). For the recipe, visit this past Friday's newsletter and I will also put it under recipes on our website (go to info, then click on to recipes). Tomorrow, Myrtle will also share her ginger vinegar recipe. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment