Welcome to the fresh GardenLife Blog — California’s top gardening radio show for 15 years, and now your top source for garden illumination coast to coast. Visit GardenLife.com for our Home Page

Saturday, March 31, 2012

My Mighty 'Matos Grafted Tomatoes Have Arrived!


Winter's slumber has come to an end at last and spring' s greenery and floral displays are awakening my garden. All that is needed are some grafted tomato, eggplant and pepper plants to make my summer dreams a reality. Although I will wait until May for the latter two vegetables, 9 of my Mighty 'Mato plants have arrived perfectly secure in their plastic holders and boxed in brightly-colored boxes. To expand my tomato palate, I am planting varieties that I have not grown before with the exception of one: Ananas Noire, Beauty King, Blush, Carmello, Indigo Rose, Large Barred Boar, Pink Berkeley Tie-Dye, Porkchop and Tangerine. Since I love ALL tomatoes, some of my selections are sweet, others are acid and a few have a balance between acid and sweet. If I create one more raised bed, there will be room for three more tomato plants and although I have grown the Pachino before, it will be one of my choices and perhaps Copia and Costaluto Genovese. Do you have some suggestions for me? No matter what I select for my grafted tomatoes, I know there will be healthy, vigorous and tasty tomatoes a 'plenty to serve fresh or cooked in sauces for my family, neighbors and friends. Good growing everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment